Headquartered in the Washington, DC region, Resolution Capitol Management is a 3rd party asset management provider for commercial real estate owners and investors across the United States. We offer a sophisticated and detailed approach to asset and property management by adding value to all aspects of a commercial real estate investment.
Senior Property Manager
As the Senior Property Manager, you will be responsible for all property management related duties for an existing portfolio located throughout the Mid-Atlantic, as well as any additional properties awarded through 3rd-party business. The current portfolio consists of office, multi-family, mixed-use, warehouse and shopping center/retail with a market value close to $100,000,000. Over time, the Senior Property Manager will be expected to help secure new property management assignments in targeted markets.
While the company is a startup venture, we are anchored by seasoned real estate professionals with decades of experience and a deep network within the region. This is a unique opportunity for an experienced and entrepreneurial Senior Property Manager to help build a team and organization from the ground up. As the Company’s first hire, the Senior Property Manager will benefit from the stability of an existing portfolio early on with limitless growth possibilities in the immediate future. The right candidate will have an impact on the organization on day one with the flexibility to make this position and team their own.
- Responsible for all day-to-day operations of the properties in the portfolio including repairs and maintenance, capital projects, janitorial, security and life safety and other service contracts.
- Lead the annual budgeting process for all properties within the portfolio. Review and analyze monthly financial statements and make recommendations to owners and asset managers.
- In conjunction with asset management, assist in leasing efforts at certain properties, including property tours for prospective tenants and consistent outreach to current tenants regarding their lease and space needs. Assist in the oversight of any 3rd-party leasing teams at applicable properties.
- Responsible for maintaining proactive tenant and owner relationships through consistent outreach and an ability to react quickly to ad hoc requests.
- Ensures that lease files are complete and that all lease related documents are executed and filed properly.
- Manage all capital and tenant improvement projects at properties.
- Create and maintain a detailed, 5-year capital expenditure schedule for all properties.
- Coordinate insurance requirements at each property for owners, tenants, and vendors.
- Lead weekly operations meeting with owners and asset managers.
- On a monthly basis, physically visit and inspect all properties and ensure that each property is maintained to each owner’s standard.
- With the asset manager and 3rd party leasing agent, review market surveys as needed and provide trend report information. Maintain awareness of the market and industry conditions and trends via trade publications, professional organizations and other reports.
Accounting / Reporting
- Work closely with the accounting team in the implementation, transition to and upkeep of the accounting software. Familiarity with Yardi or Appfolio a plus but not required. The Senior Property Manager will help choose the accounting software for the company and will play a large part in the transition of current properties onto the platform.
- Gain familiarity with accounting requirements of each property and client to ensure that all reporting requirements are satisfied on an accurate and timely basis.
- Work with accounting team or 3rd party vendors on all lease administration duties and ensure that all tenant CAM estimates and reconciliations are satisfied on an accurate and timely basis.
- Ensure that all rents are collected when due and posted in a timely manner. On a weekly basis, review the aged AP and Delinquency reports to assure all accounts payable and collection efforts are handled according to owner’s policy. Make recommendations to the owner or asset manager regarding default or eviction for delinquent tenants and residents.
- Assist in the immediate hiring of an in-house accounting professional that will handle property and corporate level accounting. The Senior Property Manager will play an integral role in all future hires related to the property management and property accounting service lines.
- Assist in the underwriting of new commercial and multi-family acquisitions. Responsibilities will include expense and historical P & L analysis, on site property tours and inspections and other select due diligence items.
- Maintain strong relationships with local businesses, government departments and community organizations.
- Source new commercial property management assignments in the Washington, DC Metro or other markets.
- Initiate and implement policies, procedures and other best practices to the Resolution Capital Management platform
- Other general property management and corporate duties as they arise.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 5 years of commercial property management experience as a 3rd party service provider or as an in-house property manager for an institutional owner/operator
- Working knowledge of GAAP accounting as it relates to real estate
- Ability to travel as necessary. While the team is headquartered in the DC region, there are assets in other states in the northeast.
- Experience with financial reporting and collaboration with accounting professionals
- Multi-family or mixed-use experience is a plus
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and relationship skills
- Able to work independently and as a team
- Maintains a positive attitude with exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Continually improves our firm’s property management, accounting, and corporate processes to ensure efficiency
- Entrepreneurial and self-motivated to grow personally and help grow the organization